There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is for individuals to avoid being exposed to this virus. While we have no reason to believe anyone at (insert facility) has been infected with COVID-19, we are taking proactive steps now to limit residents’ potential exposure to the virus.To this end, Vincentian has set temporary fixed visiting hours at each of our Skilled Nursing Facilities and Personal Care Homes. These Visiting Hours will be in effect at Vincentian Home, Vincentian Marian Manor, Vincentian de Marillac and Vincentian Schenley Gardens until further notice. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Additional measures to protect you and our residents that are in place include:
All individuals entering the building will be subject to a screening. Those reporting or exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness will be required to refrain from entering.
Limit Your Visits and Travel Throughout the Building
We know that visiting your loved one is very important to you and them. Please limit the frequency of your visits, and when you do visit, please proceed directly to your loved one’s room. We also ask that, for their health and safety, our residents limit their trips outside the building during this public health crisis.
Take Steps to Protect Yourself
Clean Your Hands Often
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds after being in public, blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water is unavailable, use hand sanitizers that contain 60%+ alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
Avoid Close Contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Stay Home if You’re Sick
- Stay at home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Separate yourself from others and animals in your home.
- Call ahead before you visit your doctor to let them know you may have COVID-19.
Wear a Mask if You are Sick
- If you are sick: You should wear a facemask when you are around others and before you enter a healthcare office.
- If you are NOT sick: You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick.
Cover Coughs and Sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water or clean with hand sanitizer.
Clean and Disinfect
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, counters, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Clean dirty surfaces. Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
Where you can get more information
We encourage everyone to visit the CDC COVID-19 Portal for a variety of information. It is available online at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. You can also contact Laurie Cannella, Vincentian’s Vice President of Clinical Excellence, at 412-592-7960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.